You may run into a problem where Google Analytics is telling you that your traffic is being referred by your own domain. When this is the case, you will want to put down your domain on the list of excluded URLs; in other words, tell Google Analytics to ignore any referrals from that URL.
To add your domain to the Referral Exclusion List you need to:
- Log into your Google Analytics account.
- Go to the Admin section.
- Under the Property section, click on Tracking Info and then on Referral Exclusion List.
- Once the page loads, click Add Referral Exclusion.
- Enter your domain and click Save.
To do that go to Admin → View → Filters
- Click Add Filter.
- You can set the name to anything you like.
- For Filter Type, pick Custom.
- In Filter Field, select 'Request Url'
- In Filter Patter, type in the URL that you want to exclude.
- Click Save.